To report a local public health emergency or a Category I disease, call your local response personnel by dialing 911
Reportable Diseases 1/2017
Except for WIC , NVHD answers all your calls at one main number (203) 881-3255. Please ask the operator for the department and/or person you wish to reach. Every department will direct your calls to the appropriate person. Our fax number is (203) 881-3259. Visit us online at www.nvhd.org
WIC can be reached directly at (203) 888-1271.
Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. till 4:00 p.m.
To view a listing of the services we provide for our residents: NVHD Services
We are located at 98 Bank Street, Seymour, CT 06483
In the event of inclement weather, NVHD will follow closures for Seymour Town Hall (revert to Ansonia Town Hall on Friday’s) for the safety and well being of our clients and staff and so the building and parking areas can be maintained properly.
Record Review Request Policy
In order to maintain the integrity of Naugatuck Valley Health District (NVHD) records, files eligible for review by the public must be viewed during normal hours of operation with a NVHD staff member present. We will make every effort to accommodate your schedule; however, there are times when a member of our staff is not readily available. To avoid long waiting times, it is prudent to call ahead and schedule an appointment.
Thank you for your patience.
From Interstate 84 Heading West and Route 8 Heading South
- On Interstate 84 heading West, take Exit 19 in Waterbury for Route 8 South (left-hand exit)
- Take Exit 22 off Route 8 South (Bank Street/Route 67 Exit)
- Bear Right off the Ramp and onto Route 67 West
- Follow signs to stay on Route 67 West (becomes Bank Street)
- Go under the railroad trestle
- Bear Right to go across the bridge
- After the bridge continue through the first stop light
- Quick turn Right into NVHD driveway immediately after Subway
From Route 8 Heading North
- Take Exit 21 off of Route 8 North
- Straight off exit following to Route 67 signs
- Continue to second set of lights and take a Left turn onto Bank Street (Route 67)
- Take Quick Right into parking lot (immediately after Subway)
Parking & Entrances
Parking is alongside the building as you enter the driveway and in the upper parking lot located in the back of the building.
Entrance for the Environmental Health Division and the First Floor Conference Room is on the lower left-hand side of the driveway entrance.
Entrance for the Community Health Division (Clinics, Healthy Start, WIC, etc), Second Floor Conference Room, and Administration is in the back of the building.
Google Maps (Custom Driving Directions).